Whether we’re cliff-diving or kid-wrangling, regular bathing suits just aren't gonna cut it. Title Nine's swimwear is built for it all, with athletic swimming suits that give women the coverage and support we need. From one piece swimsuits, to bikini tops and bottoms, swim shorts and more—our swimsuits have you, your girls, and your buns covered.
What sports need athletic swimwear?
If you’re jumping, stretching, or getting your sport on in the water, the right swimsuit is key. Ordinary swimwear won't match the performance you're looking for, so you’re gonna want a sport-level swimsuit to keep up with your every move.
- Whether surfing or SUPing, we suggest all women look for either a bikini or one piece swimsuit that stays put, gives support, and offers UPF sun protection.
- Divers and swimmers, grab swimwear and swim shorts that aren't fussy and give support and coverage in all the right places.
- Water polo players, cliff divers, and everybody in between, whether you’re looking for full bum coverage or something sporty and fun for your next swim sesh, we’ve got swimwear that will look great and stay exactly where women want it to.
So, what makes Title Nine athletic swimwear so great?
We're a bunch of rebellious women building swimwear for sports to keep up with women like us. So we build bottoms and one piece swimsuits that never bunch, never give you wedgies, and bikini tops that never end in embarrassing slip-ups. Besides, isn't that what all women's swimwear should do? Here are some features to look for when you’re shopping for athletic swimwear for women:
- Adjustable straps on tops, tankinis, and one piece swimsuits let you decide how much support you (and the girls) need
- Bikini bottoms with stay put features like internal drawstrings give you the confidence to go for it, and forget about your suit. Say bye-bye to slippy bikini bottoms.
- Built-in UPF sun protection means you can spend more time adventuring and less time reapplying. Fast-drying fabric goes from waves to apres-swim in a snap. Bet your basic bathing suit can't do that.
- We put our athletic swimwear to the test with our rockstar T9 women athletes, so you know your swimsuit is always up for the challenge. We guess you could say our swimwear is built to go there.
- Don't forget the cover-up! Our quick-drying cover-ups with built in UPF protection are built to brave the sun, sand, and water, and go great with all T9 swimsuits, from high waisted bikini bottoms to v-neck bikini tops.
What types of swimsuits can be used for which types of sports?
At T9, we build every one-piece swimsuit and bikini (and cover-up!) for women on the move, from kid wrangling to cliff diving. We don't do ordinary bathing suits because we're no ordinary women. And we know the wrong swimsuit comes at a pretty embarrassing price. Certain types of T9 swimsuits sport just the right features for your favorite activities. Read on to find the best swimsuit for you.
- One Piece Swimsuits
: One piece swimsuits are a classic choice for competitive lap swimming and diving because of their no-nonsense functionality. Plus, they're an easy go-to for all women, no matter the activity. Many T9 one piece swimsuits come with racerback styling with adjustable straps—so you can worry about your lap times and not your slipping straps. Can we get a heck yeah for one piece swimsuits?
: Surfers and paddle boarders love bikinis for the freedom of movement they allow, but T9's sporty bikinis one-up the classic with supportive tops, with or without the underwire, and stay put bikini bottoms—because there's nothing worse than losing your suit in the middle of an epic set. We do bikinis way, way better.
: Tankinis give us women the best of both worlds—the coverage of a one piece swimsuit and the flexibility of a bikini. A great choice all-around, tankinis can flex from lap swimming to poolside hang outs. Plus, they go great with bikini bottoms or swim shorts. If you're planning a super active day, make sure your tankini top is close-fitting—blouson and looser fits can float and billow a bit in water. (OK for playing with the kids, but not great for high-intensity swims or cliff diving.) Look for custom-made support in many of T9's tankini tops, available with or without the underwire, so you can dial in your fit.
- Rash Guards
: Now this is our kind of cover-up. An extra layer of sun and abrasion protection, rash guards give us ocean-going women another layer between our skin and the elements. Surfers and SUPers benefit most from rashguards, but anyone who's looking for all-day sun protection can throw on a T9 rashguard with built-in UPF50 over their athletic swimming suits and be ready for whatever adventures their day brings.
But how do I choose a style that works for my body?
The best swimsuit for you is a suit that makes you feel your best, no matter your body type. That’s why we give you choices, and lots of them, so you can mix and match your way to your perfect swimsuit at the best price. Our swimsuits sport all kinds of different styles that are built to keep up with all women in and out of the water—bikini tops that support all bust shapes and bra sizes, and bottoms that stay put and stay up—no matter what the waves have in store. Keep in mind, a typical bathing suit won't give the support, coverage, and stability you need for making moves on the water.
- Supportive tops, from a strappy bikini top to full-coverage underwire support, halters to tankinis.
- Stay put bottoms, from swim shorts & board shorts
, to high-rise or mid-rise bikini bottoms, and even swim skirts
. Whatever you're up to, we've got the bottoms for it.
- One piece swimsuits, high-neck tops and tank styles that don’t ride up, flatter every body, and give the coverage you want.
- Grab a cover-up or pair of swim shorts for double the fun, made with quick-drying fabric that doesn't mind a little (or a lot of) water.
How do you size athletic swimsuits?
All swimsuits stretch a bit when wet (and no one wants to pay the price for a loose fit mid-dive) so it's key to get the right fit to keep your athletic swim top and bottoms in place. A slightly firm, almost compressive fit on dry land is a good start. If it's barely holding on when it's dry, it will easily let go when it's wet, so a snug fit is best. Every T9 swimsuit style includes a swim-style specific sizing chart for all women, but if you're looking for a good base fit, check out the T9 Swim Fit Guide to get tips and pointers on how to get your sporty swimsuit fitting perfectly. Say bye-bye to boring bathing suits, and hello to sporty swimwear that knows what's up.
Want to dive deeper on athletic swimming suits?