Whether you’re swimming, beaching, or vacationing, our swim and beach cover-ups are a perfect complement to our collection of do-anything bikinis, tankinis, and one-pieces. Whether you’re looking for a full coverage maxi dress, a throw-it-on tie-front skirt, or a high-performance UPF 50 rashguard, Title Nine’s rashguard
, tunic, and dress cover ups have you covered.
Are there different kinds of beach cover ups?
Beach coverups come in all different types—from sun-blocking UPF 50 performance pieces to casual, versatile tops
, jumpsuits & rompers
, and cover-up dresses
that are as at home on the beach as they are out to dinner. With all these choices, from dresses to rash guards, how do you decide what kind of beach cover up style is best for you?
- If you’ll be mostly hanging on the beach or pool and in the water, consider a rash guard, swim shirt
or other swimsuit cover up that’s made of swimsuit material—quick-dry, UPF 50 material that looks right at home on top of your swimsuit or other swimwear.
- Looking for a more flexible style for your beachwear cover ups? Check out our collection of breathable, easy-care tops, flowy beach maxi dresses, as well as tunics
, swim skirts
, and pants that can do double duty as swimwear cover ups and summer wardrobe essentials.
Are beach cover ups essential?
In our professional opinion, they’re pretty important. Cover ups serve so many purposes:
- They’re better than sunscreen: Grab a swimsuit cover up of any style—a rash guard, tunic, or long-sleeve dress— with a UPF 50 rating for sun protection that doesn’t wash off.
- They’re coverage when you want it: That teeny tiny bikini might be great for catching a wave, but it’s always nice to have a little more bum coverage when our surf session is done. Whether you're sporting a bikini, tankini, or one-piece, coverups can give you the extra coverage you're looking for.
- They’ll cut the chill: Not every minute of the day is bathing suit ready—swimsuit cover ups are a perfect layering piece over bikinis and swimsuits for chilly mornings or post-water warm-ups.
- They’re quick-change artists: No need to take a time-out to change—a maxi dress or tunic can help you seamlessly transition from beach day to dinner out in style.
- There's most definitely one in your style: There are so many cover up styles, you can find one that matches your vibe—from an open-front tunic to a tie-front skirt to a v-neck maxi dress. Like to go matchy-matchy? Many swimsuit fabrics come in coordinating swimsuit coverups—so your floral-print bikini or tankini can have a rash guard or coverup that fits right in.
Can I use these cover ups at the pool too?
Swimwear cover ups can be used anywhere you’re swimming (or even waterside lounging). Many of them are flexible enough to work for almost any summertime activity. If you want a cover up that works both in and out of the pool, look for swimwear cover ups and rashguards made out of the same (or similar) material as your swimsuit for a quick-drying performance piece with built-in sun protection.
How should I care for a swim cover up?
Chlorine, sunscreen, sand, salt, and sweat can all be tough on your bathing suit and cover up. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to keep your swimwear looking newer for longer:
- Soak your tankini, bikini, or one-piece and swimsuit cover up in fresh, cold water as soon as you can. This helps get rid of the gunk that leaves your swim cover up and other swimwear faded and stained, even if you don’t get around to washing it for a while.
- Hand-wash when possible. Hand washing is gentlest on swimsuit cover ups, giving them a longer life.
- Skip the dryer. Hang or lay flat to dry to keep your swim cover up, bikini and swimsuit in tip-top shape.