When the temps drop, we don’t stop. Instead, we reach for our warm women's sweaters for cold-weather outdoor adventurers, like a backcounrty ski trip, hiking, snowshoeing or running trails.
What is an outdoor or hiking sweater?
Forget old-fashioned sweater sets for women—Title Nine's warm women's sweaters, including outdoor sweaters, hiking sweaters, and ski sweaters, are made for women on the move whether we're hiking a mountain, going on a cross country ski day trip, or just trying to keep cozy apres ski around the fire pit.
Look for performance fibers like washable wool and sweat-wicking, breathable tech knits. And don't forget gotta-have-them features like longer sweater tunics (to cover our assets), stash pockets (to store our stuff), and full, half-zip and hoody necklines (quick temp adjustments). Must-have features and go-to fabrics make these sweaters and hoodies our winter weather tops of choice. Whether you’re looking for a warm knit v-neck, button-down wool cardigan, ribbed pullover, oversized crew-neck, Title Nine’s active sweaters will keep you warm when you're headed outdoors, no matter the forecast.
What features should I consider when choosing a sweater?
Our outdoor sweaters and performance cardigans for women work just as hard as we do. That’s why it’s important to get the must-have features that can keep up with your cold-weather adventures, whether it's a ski trip to your favorite mountain town or a quick hiking workout.
- Performance materials: Look for materials that keep women warm and wick sweat, like breathable Smartwool, merino, or a ribbed tech knit. Check out Title Nine's cold-weather performance fabrics for women like Synergy
™ or Woolicious
™ in our favorite winter hoodie pullovers, long-sleeve crew sweaters, and ski sweaters. Fleece
sweaters, cashmere sweaters, and alpaca sweaters can also be go-to ski sweaters, camping gear, and trail hiking must-haves for women.
- Layers-friendly: Sometimes we’re hot, sometimes we’re cold. That’s why we’re big fans of layering up for cold-weather adventures outdoors like hiking, camping, ski trips, or winter travel escapes. Look for slim-fit outdoor sweaters and cardigans for women that can take turns as an outer layer or a mid-layer, and save the bulky, oversized cable-knit sweaters for apres ski.
- The cuts you want: From ribbed turtlenecks
to pullover v-necks, button-up cardigans to long tunics
, cropped crews to oversized knitwear, Title Nine’s outdoor sweaters and cardigans for women come in the eye-catching cuts and the styles you want to keep cozy, be comfortable, and feel great. Get even more versatility when you choose a zip sweater
, like quarter-zip, half-zip, or full-zip.
Can I wear tunic-length sweaters for active outdoor adventures?
Tunics are some of our favorite outdoor sweaters because they keep all our assets warm. Look for tunics with hoodies, full-zips, pockets, and thumbholes to turn up the cozy level. We also love to add long hoodies to our go-to outdoor winter sweater wardrobe for easy on-off layers.
What is the warmest womens sweater?
When it’s seriously frigid outside, we reach for our very warmest winter sweaters for women on the go. Our tried-and-true favorites always include:
- The warmest fabrics that work hard to keep women's temps just right, like washable wool, breathable Smartwool, cozy Merino, warm fleece, cashmere, and sporty knit-blends.
- Extra coverage features like t-neck and hooded designs, tunic lengths, and sweaters with thumbholes to keep us covered and keep the chill out.
- Cozy cuts like pullovers, turtlenecks, and long sleeve tunics keep us warm, cozy, and moving through the winter.